|BEEF||PORK||LAMB||POULTRY||FISH||EGGS||PIES & CAKES||VEGETARIAN||ETHNIC||SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE HERE|
|SLOW COOKER||JAMS||BARBECUE||GAZPACHO||PAELLA||TAPAS||VIDEO RECIPES||LATEST MEMBER RECIPES|
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Non-Standard Cooking Utensils:
2. Heat 50 g / 1½ butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the chicken and lightly brown on all sides. This will take 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the frying pan and place to one side. Add the remaining butter to the frying pan and melt it over a medium heat.
4. At this point turn the oven on to 350°F / 180°C / Gas Mark 4. Add the onions, garlic and peppers to the frying pan and sauté for 6 minutes until the peppers and onions are soft. keep stirring frequently.
5. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes stirring frequently.
6. Stir in the tomatoes, cream of coconut, Worcester sauce, Tabasco sauce, currants and salt and pepper. Continue to cook for a further minute stirring frequently.
7. Place the chicken pieces in a casserole dish, and pour the contents of the frying pan over the chicken. Cover the casserole dish and place in the pre-heated oven at 350°F / 180°C / Gas Mark 4. Cook for 45 minutes.
8. Whilst the chicken is cooking, boil the rice. Serve the chicken curry over the rice.