|BEEF||PORK||LAMB||POULTRY||FISH||EGGS||PIES & CAKES||VEGETARIAN||ETHNIC||SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE HERE|
|SLOW COOKER||JAMS||BARBECUE||GAZPACHO||PAELLA||TAPAS||VIDEO RECIPES||LATEST MEMBER RECIPES|
Preparation and Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Non-Standard Cooking Utensils: Largish frying pan
Ingredients:2 pounds chicken breasts
2 large cans chopped plum tomatoes
1 pound linguini (or other) pasta
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons dried or fresh basil
4 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
1/4 cup sugar
2 level tablespoons oregano
1 cup grated Italian hard cheese (Parmesan or Romano)
1 Tablespoon black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Chop up the chicken breasts into chunks. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the frying pan and bring to a medium heat.
2. Fry the chicken till it is slightly brown. Turn the chicken as it cooks. This should take 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle a small amount of the the pepper, basil, oregano, garlic and salt over the chicken. Cook for a further 3 minutes then stand the pan aside.
4. In another pan add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat for a minute at a medium temperature.
5. Add the remaining crushed garlic and fry gently for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, sugar, remaining basil, oregano, pepper and some salt and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the chicken and juices from the frying pan and cook for a further 30 minutes.
7. Whilst the chicken is cooking boil some water and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
8. Serve the pasta on warm plates with the chicken and sauce poured over it. Top it off with grated Italian cheese.