|BEEF||PORK||LAMB||POULTRY||FISH||EGGS||PIES & CAKES||VEGETARIAN||ETHNIC||SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE HERE|
|SLOW COOKER||JAMS||BARBECUE||GAZPACHO||PAELLA||TAPAS||VIDEO RECIPES||LATEST MEMBER RECIPES|
Estimated Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Estimated Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 bowls of soup
Non-standard Cooking Utensils: A large pan, potato masher.
900 g (2 lbs) old potatoes
1.2 litres (2.2 pints) of medium stock.
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly boil the potatoes until cooked (approximately 30 minutes)
2. Mash the potatoes well ensuring that no lumps remain
3. Heat the stock until just boiling and gradually add the mashed potatoes stirring all the time
4. Pass the mixture through a sieve and then simmer for 5 minutes
5. Add the salt and pepper to taste and serve in warm bowls with fried bread (hot or cold)
BACK TO MRS BEETON'S SOUP INDEX PAGE